Open 7 Days a Week | Mon – Fri 10am – 12pm | Sat 10am – 12pm | Sunday 11:30am – 10pm
Call us on (02) 6655 1003
The Federal Hotel in Bellingen first opened for business in 1901, its name celebrating the Federation of the Australian States in that year. It was built by a Mrs Redstone for her daughter Alice Maude who married Mr Albert Edwin Capp.
The Federal Hotel was originally to be built of bricks but the ship carrying them from Sydney sank! Consequently the front section of the hotel was then constructed of rosewood and cedar. The back section was added a number of years later.
The Federal Hotel has had a number of face-lifts over its long history, with the most recent major renovation, incorporating a new lounge, back bar, beer garden and childrens’ play area completed in 2012.
The Federal Hotel has a longstanding reputation for providing the 3 “must haves” in a country pub.